Home » The Santos Pavilion
The Santos Pavilion

Today the Santos Pavilion is home to the Santos Pavilion Restaurant where you can enjoy a wide selection of starters, salads, pizza, grills, chicken, seafood and burgers, but that wasn't always the case.

A local architect of the town travelled to the Royal Pavilion in Brighton to get ideas for the Pavilion in Mossel Bay and it was then built in l9l6 by WJR Swart, strangely enough these are the last two remaining beach pavilions in use from colonial times. During the 1920s and 1930s the Pavilion was a social meeting place for the local comunity who regularly gathered there to listen to the bands playing and to socialise. The Pavilion hosted the then Prince of Wales, Prince Edward, while on his visit to South Africa in 1925. 54 years later the roof and woodwork were destroyed in a fire during 1979 and the property was due to be demolished. A private company took the building over and restored it to its former glory before being granted a long lease of 30 years on the building in 1986.

For more information on the Santos Pavilion Restaurant, please contact:
Phone: +27-44-6904567
Fax: +27-86-5004157
Or email: info@pavilionrestaurant.co.za
Lodging Near The Santos Pavilion