The Amakhala Game Reserve is a luxury Big Five game reserve located in the
Zuurveld region of the Eastern Cape. Until recently, most of this area had been
used for cattle and sheep farming. But today, much of this farm land is being
rehabilitated back to it's natural state.
Guided game drives are available to day visitors, but reservations are essential. Safaris are conducted from open Land Rovers, where one can best view the Big Five and many more. The 6 hour tour package also includes a buffet dinner and evening sunset cruise down the Amakhala River.
- guided game drives
- river cruise
- Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Wildebeest, Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Giraffe, Zebra and various other antelope.
- from Port Elizabeth follow the N2 eastward towards Grahamstown
- after 50 km you will pass the N10 turnoff to Paterson
- continue on the N2 for another 13 km
- entrance to Amakhala is at Reed Valley