Mbombela Holidays - Kruger National Park & Lowveld Tourism, Mpumalanga
Click here for Mbombela Accommodation
Known as the gateway to Mpumalanga and the Kruger National Park, Mbombela (formerly known as Nelspruit) is the capital of Mpumalanga and home to Mpumalanga's provincial government. With its bountiful sunshine, lush valleys and sub-tropical climate, Mbombela is the most important commercial centre in the Mpumalanga area, and is the hub of the rich surrounding farming area which produces tropical fruits such as bananas, avocado pears, oranges and grapefruit. Mbombela then cans the citrus, and is also thriving with timber mills, paper and furniture manufacturing, All in all, Mbombela is a very prosperous place to live, and the ideal Mpumalanga holiday destination!
For visitors to Mbombela who would rather fly in than drive, this flourishing Mpumalanga town boasts its own privately owned airport which lies just 23km from Mbombela city centre.
- Croc River Enviro Park - a unique adventure for the whole family. 2.5km from Mbombela city center via Madiba Dr/R40.
- Lowveld National Botanical Garden - Featuring over 500 indigenous plants and 650 trees. 4.1km from Mbombela city center via Madiba Dr/R40.
- Emnotweni Casino - The ideal entertainment destination where guests could strike it lucky. 4.4km from from Mbombela city center via Madiba Dr/R40.
- Riverside Mall - One of Mpumalanga's largest shopping centres and cinema complexes. 5.1km from Mbombela city center via Madiba Dr/R40.
- Mbombela Stadium - Constructed for the 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup, this is a 'must see' for soccer fans. 5.2km from Mbombela city center.
- Chimp Eden (Umhloti Nature Reserve) - Africa's only chimpanzee rehabilitation centre. 15.9km from Mbombela city center via R40.
- Sudwala Caves - Guarantees a once in a lifetime experience at the oldest caves in the world. 35.2km, 26 minutes from Mbombela via N4.
- PR Owen Dinosaur Park - Located near the Sudwala Caves, is the largest and most scientifically accurate park of its kind in the world.
Golf at Nelspruit (Mbombela) Golf Course
Hike through the Nelspruit Nature Reserve (Mbombela)
Quad-bike with Mbombela, Riverwild off-road quad and 4x4 trails
Horse ride with Mbombela, Mountain Range Horse Back Trails
Waterslide at the Mafunyane Riverside Water Park,
Fly across Mbombela with Sunrise Aviation
Also visit towns near Mbombela, Mpumalanga:
White River (19.5km from Mbombela via R40)
Kaapsehoop (Kaapschehoop) (30.7km from Mbombela via Hermansburg Rd.)
Kruger Park (35km from Mbombela via R538)